13 March 2014

Craft - More Of My Drawings

We're at the next point in my #BLCreativePrompts journey and I thought I'd share this weeks bad drawings with you. As I've said before I'm really enjoying taking part in this challenge, I'm just very aware of how much less talented I am than some of the other participants! 

But I should stop being so negative. They might not be stunning works of art, but I have enjoyed creating them and they give me pleasure so I am proud of them (which is why I'm sharing them with you!)

This week I have drawn:

6: something on my wishlist, 7: a favourite lyric, 8: your favourite creature, 9: hair, 10: a first, 11: the weather, 12: book.



I put it into a handy little collage so I don't bore you with loads of pictures! I drew:

6: an arbour for my garden, 7: "Not all those who wander are lost.", 8: a cat, 9: a mermaid, 10: Mother, 11: rain (there are rainbow coloured raindrops, but you can't really see them in the photo...), 11: green rabbits from Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

Today is a hot air balloon. I'm quite looking forward to making it as Montgolfier as I can :) 

I've spent quite a bit of time browsing dressmaking patterns for my Sew Dolly Clackett attempt and think I have found one I really like. It's a Simplicity Amazing Fit dress and it has both short and long versions. And it has pockets! Not enough pretty women's clothes have pockets... 

The pattern is Simplicity 1800 and I hope to make it in a blue based print. This should surprise no-one as most of my clothes are blue or purple! I should try going right out of my comfort zone and making it something really bright and beautiful. But I don't think I dare! 

What do you think? Recommend me some nice print fabrics people, please! 

Love, Pearl.


No comments: